Thursday, May 26, 2016

It is a Union of Two Souls

Marriage. The question kept coming when you're now in your late 20s. Some questions were not harmful, some were hurtful. Rare it is to find those who sincerely care. Once I received an unwanted commentary, 'when i was your age, i was already married'. I was about to say 'so?' but I brushed it away and laughed instead. I have come to the point where I am happy and enjoy being a single woman. I get to do a lot of things that I enjoy doing, not saying that marriage is going to take that away because I know when the time comes inshaAllah I will enjoy being married. But please understand that this is the state that I am currently in. Single, happy with my family and friends. Biting my nails about the future won't help me. Marriage to me is a sacred union of two souls who constantly want to grow, together. Let me put my hopes onto Allah, for He knows what is best for me. The best that you can do for me is pray for my happiness and not imposing your perspective on me and other women.

No comments:

Post a Comment